Attractions & Things to do on Virginia’s Eastern Shore
Bay View Waterfront B & B is a perfect place to rest, relax, and refresh. You can while away your days doing as little or as much as you choose. It is quiet and peaceful here. If you want to explore the Eastern Shore there are numerous attractions for your enjoyment.
- Ongoing: Art exhibits at the Barrier Islands Center and Stage Door Gallery.
- 2nd Friday in Onancock. Galleries and shops open late. Specials at restaurants.
- 2nd Thursdays in Onancock, International film at 8 P. M.
- 2nd Saturdays in Chincoteague, Art Stroll. Shops open late.
- Three Eastern Shore wineries offer tastings and sometimes food for their visitors.
- Most weekends there is live entertainment at one of the local venues, Arts Center, ESO, North Street Playhouse, or Historic Cokesbury Church.
- Area Restaurants range from very casual to elegant gourmet. Most offer full menus including fresh seafood. Come and enjoy Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
Golf on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
- The ESYCC is about 15 minutes from us. It plays along the shores of Pungoteague Creek. www.ESYCC.com. Lunch is available Tuesday through Sunday.
- Bay Creek is about 35 minutes from us. Bay Creek has Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer designed courses at the same facility. Meals are available at the Coach House.
- Will deliver and pick up kayaks or you can bring your own. Contact them at 757-354-4386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Launch from our sloping yard right here at Bay View Waterfront B&B.
- We have a canoe for guest use.
Day Trippers in Wachapreague offers a variety of packages. Fish, bird watch, explore a barrier island with an Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and quiet bays of the other. 757-787-2108 or see the link below.
Golf, Tennis, Antiquing, Art Galleries, Restaurants, Shops, Museums, Live Music, Theater, Assateague Seashore, Tangier Island Cruise, Chincoteague Ponies, Deep Sea or Chesapeake Bay Fishing, occasional rocket launches from the Mid Atlantic Regional Spaceport.
We will be happy to help you schedule and coordinate your visit.
If you want to explore the Eastern Shore, most area attractions are easily accessible. We will equip you with a detailed map and the Eastern Shore guide book, “Off 13”, as well as recommend restaurants and “must see” places.
Follow these links for more information:
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Bloxom Vineyard and Winery
- The Blue Crab Bay
- The Blue Crow
- Chatham Vineyard and Winery
- Chincoteague Pony Swim
- Day Trippers
- Eastern Shore Tourism
- Eastern Shore Barrier Islands Center
- Eastern Shore Yacht & Country Club
- Eastern Shore Artisans Guild
- Eastern Shore Art League