Bags are for collecting the goodies and taking them away. Apple tree coming soon. Merry Christmas, peace and blessings to all.
Thanksgiving Weekend on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
The Eastern Shore Artisans Guild Holiday Tour 2018 is November 23 and 24 from 10 to 5. The tour will cover 15 sites including 1 vineyard where 43 artists will greet guests and have unique work for sale. This is a self guided driving tour with studio tour signs along US route 13 directing you to the sites.
Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge allows access to the refuge’s 7 mile service road from noon to 2 PM daily from November 22 through November 25. This yearly opening allows visitors to get a closer look at the huge bird migration passing through the refuge. The Wildlife Loop, usually open to traffic after 3 PM, will be open from 9 AM to dusk.
- Thursday 1 Nov, Thanksgiving To Go at The Oyster Farm, Marina Village Circle, Cape Charles, Va. Place your order before the 14th for pickup on Nov. 21st. Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings!
- Friday 2 Nov, Nature’s Role in Coastal Resilience:Global Lessons from Virginia’s Eastern Shore – SciPhi seminar with The Nature Conservancy’s Virginia Coast Reserve director, Jill Bieri at ESCC in Melfa. 12:30-2:00 pm. Free, and open to the public. More info at www.sciphi.org
- Friday 2 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Line Dancing with the Boot Scootin’ Belles 6-8 PM. “If every time you take one step forward, you take two steps backwards, don’t be discouraged; You just learned how to country line dance.” Complimentary refreshments. Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 2 Nov, Orchestra of the Eastern Shore fall concert – 7:30 pm at Cokesbury Church in Onancock. The concert is free, donations welcomed.
- Friday and Saturday, Nov. 2 & 3, at 8. “The Cemetery Club” at North Street Playhouse, Onancock.
- Saturday 3 Nov, Set clocks back one hour tonight
- Saturday 3 Nov, Andrew Chapel Bazaar in Cashville at 11:00 AM. Chicken & Macaroni Salads, Baked Goods, Pepper Relish, Clothing, Furniture, Books, Toys, Christmas Items, Linens, Kitchen ware
- Sunday 4 Nov, Orchestra of the Eastern Shore Fall Concert – 4:00 pm at Hungars Episcopal Church in Bridgetown,
The pool is open Mother’s Day to Labor Day. Take some time today to plan a visit to beautiful Bay View Waterfront B&B on Virginia’s Eastern Shore, about an hour north of Norfolk, VA across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, and an hour south of Chincoteague Island.
The Eastern Shore of Virginia Artisans Guild Holiday Tour 2018 is November 23 & 24, from 10 to 5 .
43 artists at 15 sites including a vineyard and winery will be welcoming visitors and offering special treats and unique work.
For more information about the tour visit www.esartisansguild.org.
For centrally located accommodations visit us here at View Waterfront Bed and Breakfast.
Antares rocket is scheduled to launch from the Mid Atlantic Spaceport at Wallops Island, VA as early as 4:01 AM on November 17, 2018. Bay View Waterfront B&B is an easy drive to prime viewing areas. Visit www.nasa.gov/nasatv for updates.
- The Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival is the first full weekend in October.
- Attend a variety of field trips and presentations, visit exhibits, and participate in activities which all celebrate the autumn migration of birds and wildlife on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Visit us here at Bay View Waterfront B&B conveniently located for Eastern Shore activities.
Wild Turkey Breast Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 4
- 2 wild turkey breasts, boneless and skinless; cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sake or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with equal part cold water
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 more T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- ½ chopped sweet onions
- 3 or 4 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 4 cups noodles or rice
Combine 2 T. olive oil, 2 T. vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, orange juice, sake (or sherry), lemon juice, garlic, ginger and brown sugar in a non-reactive bowl (glass, wood, plastic). Add turkey, toss to coat and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Heat 2+ T. olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Slightly sauté the onions. Remove turkey from marinade. Reserve marinade. Add turkey to oil and onions and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove turkey from pan. Add reserved marinade and cornstarch/water mixture and heat liquid to boiling for 5 minutes. Return turkey to the pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and heat to warm. Serve immediately over noodles or rice.
Diana Davis regularly teaches watercolor classes at ESO in Belle Haven and at NBG in Norfolk. Visit us here at Bay View Waterfront B&B while you take a class.